Sunday, January 20, 2008

ARGH so near yet so far

So today my cousin came over for the weekly sunday family lunch. She asked me when my free time would be this summer. So I gave her my schedule, and she asked me if I would want to go to Vietnam some time late-May. I was game for that. I got my laptop, and we were going to book my tickets online. However, due to some weird technical difficulties, or just because the website was screwy, we weren't able to book the tickets in the end.
Later at night (meaning now) I tried to access the site again just to check if i would be able to access it this time around... and it worked. I love booking tickets online.. It's so.. fun.. and organized. Makes me wonder how the IT people made the booking system (you know.. how they designed the database and all.. ugh CS122 kicking in). Anyway, while still in my booking-frenzy, I decided to go onto a whole new level. I asked myself "I wonder if I can book a ticket for Switzerland?" So I switched from the Cebu Pacific website to the one of KLM Royal Dutch Airlines. And lo and behold, you can book tickets to far far away places!
So here I was excited on the edge of my seat and told myself to just see if there would be a flight available for my 1 month long semestral break. At first I just wanted to see the availability; bam! convenient dates were available and for the cheap kind of fare as well! I just got so carried away with the booking process that by the time I couldn't click "next" anymore was when I needed to input the final details: Credit Card info... Fill that in, click the button and deal was sealed. Luckily for me, I don't have a credit card. If I did, I don't know if I would've had enough self- to prevent myself from clicking that button.

Here look how prepared I was for this "trip":

I swear, I will make this happen within this year. Well at least, I hope.

What have I learned today?
1) Never fake-book a ticket, it will just make you feel frustrated and depressed and nostalgic.
2) I will grow up to be the person who designs the database for Airline Systems.


PS I have found my old BLOG the other day. Oh how I miss substantial blogging

No comments: